- (ii) where relevant, references to "you" mean the individual using the Product on behalf of the Organisation.
Research Fish owns or is licensed to use all intellectual property rights in the Product.
Access to and use of the Product
You are permitted to access the Product through this Website solely for the purpose of:
- reviewing funding and other information relating to the research projects applicable to the Organisation, to the extent permitted by the relevant funder; or
- if you are a Principal Investigator, Delegate or Team Member, activities required to complete any submission required by the relevant funder.
You shall not:
- disrupt, interfere with or restrict the use of the Product and/or the Website by other users including, without limitation, denial of service attacks, mailbombing, flooding or other deliberate attempts to overload the Product and/or the Website;
- upload, display or transmit any materials through the Product and/or the Website which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful, which violate export control laws or which infringe the rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, of any other person anywhere in the world;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Product or to attempt to circumvent or hack any user authentication or security controls in respect of the Product, or attempt to do so;
- reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, copy, duplicate, modify or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of the Product and/or the Website (except to the extent permitted by law) or attempt to transmit to or via the Product and/or the Website any information that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component;
- attempt to obtain, or assist others in obtaining, access to the functionality of the Product;
- change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse any files or other data contained in the Product and/or the Website; or
- use the Product or Website in contravention of any applicable law.
You can opt out of the analytical cookies used on this Website by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Use of Personal Data
Research Fish processes any “Personal Data” (which has the same meaning as in the Data Protection Act 1998) submitted in the creation of an account solely for the purposes of administering such account, including for the generation and issue of invoices, where applicable.
To the extent that Research Fish processes "Personal Data" submitted through use of the Product other than as set out above, Researchfish does so on your behalf as its "Data Processor" (which has the same meaning as in the Data Protection Act 1998).
Exclusions and Limitations of Liability
Owing to the nature of the Internet there is no guarantee that this Website and/or the Product will always be available to users. You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet.
The Product and any information or other material contained in it are made available strictly on the basis that you accept it on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Where you rely on any information or other material contained in it, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this Website and the Product are excluded by Research Fish to the fullest extent permitted by law.
WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN THAT THE PRODUCT OR WEBSITE WILL BE FREE FROM VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, BUGS, OMISSIONS OR ERRORS, OR THAT DEFICIENCIES OR DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT OR WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
Research Fish excludes all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this Website or of the Product, or from reliance on the contents of this Website or the Product or any material or content accessed through this Website or the Product.
Law & Jurisdiction